Thursday 20 September 2012

Scrummy chocolate traybake

The kitchen is filled with the wonderful smell of a chocolate cake cooking in the Aga. I've based it on my kitchen hero Mary Berry's recipe - one I haven't tried before. It's just out of the oven; fingers crossed it doesn't sink. I'm going to glaze it with my homemade strawberry jam and concot a chocolate ganache/water icing topping.
The chickens have laid their third egg. Hurrah! It was too small, and precious, to include in a cake though.
I finally got round to watching 'Wartime Kitchen' last night. So inspiring. The home canning looked huge fun, if slightly alarming. Their is so much food around us, but so little of the 'foragable' food is used. At least that means their is lots left for me and my girls to gather!

No comments:

Post a Comment